By Yong Bai
Designing and construction buildings that may stand up to the original demanding situations that exist in Subsea operations is not any effortless job. As deepwater wells are drilled to larger depths, engineers are faced with a brand new set difficulties akin to water intensity, climatic conditions, ocean currents, apparatus reliability, and good accessibility, to call quite a few. A definitive reference for engineers designing, interpreting and instilling offshore constructions, Subsea Structural Engineering guide presents a professional consultant to the most important techniques, applied sciences and gear that include modern offshore structures.
Written in a transparent and simple to appreciate language, the publication is predicated at the authors 30 years of expertise within the layout, research and instillation of offshore constructions. This booklet solutions the above pointed out the most important questions in addition to covers the total spectrum of topics within the self-discipline, from direction choice and making plans to layout, development, deploy, fabrics and corrosion, inspection, welding, fix, danger evaluate, and acceptable layout suggestions. It yields a roadmap not just for the subsea engineer but in addition the undertaking managers, estimators and regulatory group of workers hoping to achieve an appreciation of the general matters and directed methods to subsea engineering layout suggestions.
Read Online or Download Subsea Engineering Handbook PDF
Best hydraulics books
Finished textual content at the basics of modeling circulation and sediment shipping in rivers treating either actual rules and numerical tools for varied levels of complexity. comprises 1-D, 2-D (both intensity- and width-averaged) and 3D types, in addition to the combination and coupling of those types.
Dieses erfolgreiche Lehrbuch erscheint jetzt in der nine. Auflage. Es vermittelt die Grundlagen der Fluidmechanik und deren praxisbezogene Anwendung, geht jedoch über eine Einführung hinaus. Die strömungstechnischen Phänomene werden beschrieben und mathematisch exakt oder - falls dies nicht möglich- näherungsweise dargestellt.
Designing and development constructions that may face up to the original demanding situations that exist in Subsea operations isn't any effortless job. As deepwater wells are drilled to larger depths, engineers are faced with a brand new set difficulties reminiscent of water intensity, climatic conditions, ocean currents, gear reliability, and good accessibility, to call quite a few.
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer: Emerging Topics (Developments in Heat Transfer) (Developments in Heat Transfer Objectives)
- The Theory of Homogeneous Turbulence (Cambridge Science Classics)
- Viscosity of Liquids: Theory, Estimation, Experiment, and Data
- Shale Gas 2010
- Fluid- und Thermodynamik: Eine Einführung
- Large-eddy simulations of turbulence
Extra info for Subsea Engineering Handbook
Electric Submersible Pump (ESP) Due to the reduction of the driving force which lifts the reservoir from downhole naturally, pumps were commonly used to increase the backpressure for production. The electric submersible pump (ESP) is an effective and economical method of lifting large volume of the fluids from downhole under different well conditions. ESP system requires a large electricity supply, but it is less complex and more efficient than delivering gas to gas lift systems. An ESP system may include following components: • Three phase electric motor; • Seal assembly; • Rotary gas separator; • Multi-stage centrifugal pump; • Electrical power cable; • Motor controller; • Transformers.
The TLP can be used in the water depth from 300 m to 1500 m. Both dry trees and wet trees can be used for the TLP production system; • SPAR: the Spar platform utilize a large-diameter, single vertical cylinder buoy floating on the sea water surface to support the decks. Spars can be used in the water depth around 1500 m; • Semi-submersible platforms: Semi-submersible platform can be operated for drilling, subsea equipments installation and oil/gas production. • FPSO: a floating vessel for the processing and storage of oil and gas.
10. 11. 1. 2. 00003-5 90 Ó 2012 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved. 63 j 64 Y. Bai and Q. 1. INTRODUCTION A subsea distribution system (SDS) consists of a group of products such as umbilical and other in-line structures that provide communication from subsea controls to topside. This chapter describes the main components of the SDS currently used in subsea oil/gas production, and defines its design and the functional requirements of the system. The type of system to be discussed in this chapter should be designed to perform the following functions: • Hydraulic power distribution; • Chemical injection distribution; • Electrical power distribution; • Communication distribution.
Subsea Engineering Handbook by Yong Bai